Electric Vehicle Charging & Components
Take your electric vehicle charging components to new markets all over the world
Did You Know?
- Tesla will soon have substantial competition in the high-end EV market—manufacturers like Mercedes, Audi, and Jaguar are developing their own models for availability in the U.S. and beyond.
- General Motors, America’s largest automaker, has announced plans for 20 new all-electric models by 2023. And by 2020, Ford plans to produce an electric car that can go 300 miles before needing to recharge.
Electric vehicles (EVs) are more than just popular with consumers — they’re starting to play a key role in meeting climate change goals through integration with renewable energy and smart grid systems. That means the future for EVs, as well as for their charging components, is tremendously bright.
But to get your vehicle charging components to the market you’re targeting, you’ll need them to meet safety, performance, and compliance requirements, all of which can vary across different countries, regions, and industries. The process is complex and can feel overwhelming. That’s where CSA Group can help.
We offer comprehensive testing and certification solutions of EV charging stations and components. These include commercial and residential charging stations, batteries, cables, plugs, onboard chargers, AC supply equipment, and DC fast chargers. We also perform EMC testing, and Certification for Global Markets, as well as have SCC and OSHA accreditations.
Top reasons to trust CSA Group to conduct your charging component testing, inspection, and certification services:
- Fast service and turnaround: At CSA Group, we’ll help you get your vehicles and components to market quickly with efficient and dependable services
- Attention and availability: Testing and certification can be as complex as electric vehicles themselves, but we guide you through the process, addressing all your questions and concerns
- Industry credibility: The CSA Group mark symbolizes quality and many EV buyers recognize it as an independent confirmation of safety, quality, and performance
- Expert standards development: We have developed installation requirements such as CSA C22.2 No. 280 and CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 282 for electric vehicle charging components that are referenced in the Canadian Electrical Code, as well as other national and international standards and codes that address installation requirements
- Extensive testing: We proficiently test EV charging stations and a broad range of components against the applicable standards in the Canadian Electrical Code and the National Electrical Code (U.S.)
Additionally, CSA Group has several new standards under development: C22.2 No. 317 – Wireless Power Transfer (WPT) for EVs and CAN/CSAE61980-1 – Electric Vehicle Wireless Power Transfer (WPT) Systems – Part 1: General Requirements.
We can help confirm the quality, safety, and reliability of a range of electric vehicle charging components
CSA Group conducts testing and certification to help ensure compliance for solutions you’ll need to take your products to international markets confidently.
Ensure your batteries for use in Electric Vehicle (EV) and Light Electric Vehicle (LEV) applications are evaluated to UL 2580 and UL 2271 to help ensure conformity with regulations and requirements, helping to remove barriers to your target markets.
Commercial and Residential Charging Stations
When buyers in new markets are considering your commercial or residential charging station, make sure they see the CSA Group logo, known internationally for quality and credibility.
Cables and Plugs
Test your cables and plugs for strength, safety, and reliability with the help of a team with decades of in-depth industry experience.
We test your highly technical components, like onboard chargers, in a way that streamlines and simplifies the process, addressing your unique needs every step of the way.
AC Supply Equipment
We have the expertise, knowledge, and understanding to create customized solutions for your AC supply equipment.
DC Fast Chargers
CSA Group can help test and certify DC fast chargers swiftly and efficiently, enabling you to access new international markets promptly.
Paving the Road to The Widespread Use of Electric Vehicles
As the popularity of EVs surges in the marketplace, industry stakeholders are challenged with ensuring that public safety remains paramount.
Paving the Road to The Widespread Use of Electric VehiclesRead White Paper
Get the right standards solutions for your electric vehicle charging components
Get your products tested, inspected, and certified for compliance and global market access
Transform your innovations into quality products that meet critical requirements with our expert testing services.
Quickly launch new products, and boost customer confidence in North America and beyond with the trusted CSA Group mark.
The Latest from CSA Group
Life After Widespread Adoption of Natural Gas VehicleRead the White Paper
Supporting Hydrogen as a Viable Option For Clean Vehicle FuelRead the White Paper
The Unique Laboratory Requirements Needed to Test Battery Safety and Performance for Out-of-this-world ConditionsRead the Case Study
Transporting Your Lithium-ion Cells, Battery and Battery Assembly ProductsRead the White Paper
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.