North American Field Evaluation Services
Quickly demonstrate your product’s regulatory compliance when certification isn’t possible or practicalI Need Field Evaluation Testing
Overcome unique challenges to certification and bring your product to market with field evaluation services
Did You Know?
- Field evaluations are most commonly needed when a product does not have a certification acceptable to the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) or another regulatory body.
- Limited production runs, custom engineered products, refurbished equipment, or uncertified equipment coming to North America from overseas are typical reasons to request a field evaluation or special inspection.
If you’re faced with unique circumstances or challenges that make it impractical, or even impossible for you to undergo the regular certification process, a field evaluation may be the ideal solution to get your product to market. A field evaluation is a service that allows a qualified certification expert to assess your uncertified product against required safety and other applicable standards and codes. These are also known as special inspections in Canada. CSA Group has over 20 years of experience in field evaluation and special inspection services. Our one-time evaluation service is quick, and may help you get your products into North America when you need approval from local Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ), or other regulators. Top reasons to choose CSA Group for your North American field evaluation and special inspection needs:
- Rely on a leader in North America: CSA Group is a certification leader in Canada and the U.S., with the expertise and technical knowledge of North American product requirements to facilitate speedy evaluations
- Simplify with a one-stop provider: We can provide this service for all your electrical, gas, and mechanical equipment, including industrial control panels, automated manufacturing, semiconductor fabrication, luminaires, switchboards, robotics, heating and cooling, commercial food service, distributed generation, energy storage systems, PV, and microgrid systems
- Test to key standards and codes: We test to SPE-1000 (Canadian Model Code for the Field Evaluation of Electrical Equipment) and SPE-3000 (Model Code for the Field Evaluation of Medical Electrical Equipment and Systems), CSA B149.3 (Field Approval of Gas Fired Appliances), NFPA 791 (Recommended Practice and Procedures for Unlabeled Electrical Equipment Evaluation) UL 508 (Standard for Safety-Industrial Control Equipment) UL 508A (Standard for Safety-Industrial Control Panels)
Why CSA Group
Get the safety label you need with a flexible and expedited service, when and where you need it
- Our rapid and reliable evaluations can be conducted at our lab, your facility, or at the final installation site
- The required tests vary depending on the type of product and installation location since they are based on the regional installation codes and standard requirements
- Once the product has been successfully evaluated against applicable requirements, your CSA Group technical representative will apply a serialized CSA label to each product
CSA Group field evaluation and special inspection labels are widely accepted and recognized by North American AHJs and other regulators
Industries around the world trust CSA marks and labels for the North American market. No matter what kind of equipment requires a field evaluation or special inspection, the CSA label instills peace of mind and confidence.
for Electrical Products (non-healthcare)
for Medical Electrical Equipment and Systems
for Control Panels
for Gas-Fired Appliances and Equipment
Field Evaluation for Fuel-Fired Equipment
Field Evaluations for Electrical Products
Field Evaluations for Gas-Fired Products
Field Evaluations for Sanitation
Field Evaluation for Hazardous Locations (HazLoc)
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.