CSA Group is a global organization dedicated to safety, social good and sustainability. We are a leader in Standards Development and in Testing, Inspection and Certification around the world including Canada, the U.S., Europe and Asia. Our mandate is to hold the future to a higher standard.
At CSA Group, we excel in addressing emerging, complex issues and technologies. CSA Group is comprised of two organizations: Standards Development and Testing, Inspection, & Certification.
The mission of CSA Group’s Standards Development organization is to enhance the lives of Canadians through the advancement of standards in the public and private sectors. We are a leader in standards research, development, education, and advocacy. The technical and management standards developed with our more than 10,000 members improve safety, health, the environment, and economic efficiency in Canada and beyond.
Global Testing, Inspection and Certification
CSA Group’s global commercial subsidiaries provide expert testing, inspection, and certification services that enable manufacturers to demonstrate that their products are in compliance with applicable safety, environmental, and operating performance standards for markets around the world. We offer deep expertise and industry-leading service delivery across a wide range of current and emerging technologies.
Published codes and standards
We develop standards for Canada, the U.S. and beyond in 12 areas of focus.
Years of Experience
Rely on an internationally-recognized company with over a century of experience.
Our global labs provide certification services to help you access over 140 markets worldwide.
Helping hold the future to a higher standard
- Manages more than 1,000 committees focused on standards development
- Develops and maintains more than 3,000 codes and standards – many referenced in legislation
- Delivers training and other value-added products that provide additional understanding of our standards and support their implementation
- Conducts research that facilitates future standards development and provides guidance into new and emerging topics and technologies
- Develops public policy positions and frameworks to demonstrate how CSA standards can support public policy initiatives
Accredited by Standards Council of Canada (SCC) in Canada and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in the U.S, CSA Group actively participates in international standards development and harmonization efforts through other global organizations, including the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).
Helping bring products to market. Making the complex simple.
- The CSA mark is recognized and accepted by regulators and Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) and appears on billions of products all over the world
- CSA Group is accredited and recognized by numerous organizations around the world in various fields, including SCC in Canada and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and ANSI in the U.S.
- We can help coordinate compliance and access to more than 40 markets around the world, facilitating the globalization of technology and enhancing trade opportunities
- We are accredited as a National Certification Body (NCB) through the IECEE CB Scheme and have expertise in structuring multi-approval projects producing ATEX certificates (for EU) and IECEx certificates – all in one project
Explore more about
Learn more about the CSA Group mission, our history, current leadership, and more
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.