Help us protect against the damage that counterfeit items can do to brands across all industries.
Brand Protection Overview
Counterfeit products affect us all. Explore the impact of fake products and what you can do about it.
Did You Know?
- Each time you buy a counterfeit good, a legitimate company loses revenue.
- According to the Better Business Bureau, the counterfeit goods market is valued at over $653 billion and accounts for up to 7 percent of the global world trade annually.
Counterfeit items are found in every industry and put the safety of consumers at risk. Widespread counterfeiting can also jeopardize public confidence in products bearing legitimate approval marks, posing a significant threat to leading national brands and the profits of the companies behind them. As a leader in public safety, testing, and certification, CSA Group actively engages in activities and initiatives to help protect consumers while helping credible manufacturers maintain their competitive advantage. CSA aggressively pursues counterfeit products. If you believe you may be in possession or be aware of a counterfeit product, see our Reporting Suspected Counterfeit Marks page.
How CSA Group fights counterfeiting:
- We have a brand protection team that investigates and reports on incidents involving fraudulent products
- We actively educate local law enforcement and customs officials to help them identify counterfeit products entering their country
- Organizations we work with include Canadian Anti- Counterfeiting Network (CACN), and International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition (IACC)
Choose from a full suite of testing and certification services customized to fit your needs
Transform your innovations into quality products that meet critical requirements with our expert testing services.
Launch new products and boost customer confidence in North America and beyond with our global certification services
Contact an Expert
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.Contact Us