Whether you’re a manufacturer or a builder, CSA Group will provide comprehensive standards solutions and testing & certification services for factory-assembled windows, doors and other fenestration products. We work closely with organizations including the American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) and the Window & Door Manufacturers Association (WDMA) to develop and maintain balanced standards.
CSA Group certifies a wide of products.
- Prime and replacement windows
- Side-hinged door systems
- Single and dual pane windows
- Sliding doors
- Tubular daylighting devices (TDDs)
- Unit skylights and roof windows
Testing & certification
We provide testing & certification and energy efficiency verifications services against the following U.S. and Canadian standards:
- AAMA/WDMA/CSA 101/I.S.2/A440 – North American Fenestration Standard/Specification (NAFS) standards for windows, doors, and skylights
- CSA A440S1 – The Canadian supplement to North American standards
- CSA A440 series – Standards for Energy Performance (ER Ratings)
CSA Group works with manufacturers and key industry associations, including the AAMA and the WDMA, to develop and maintain harmonized standards that help meet the needs of the North American market. These standards address both minimal and optional requirements for windows, doors, skylights and other fenestration products. They also address proper installation of these components.
Our Fenestration Installation Technician, Level 1 (FIT-1) program helps ensure that installers have the necessary skills and knowledge to install these components for maximum performance and energy efficiency.