CSA Group Graduate Scholarship
Supporting graduate students in standards research
Overview for Applicants
The purpose of the CSA Group Graduate Scholarship is to support graduate students in the pursuit of knowledge generation related to standards. Graduate students at the Masters level studying at a publicly-funded, accredited Canadian university are eligible to apply.
The thesis can be conducted in any field (e.g. engineering, social sciences, health sciences) and must include standards as a component of the research. The topic does not need to be related to an area in which CSA Group already has standards. The research may investigate aspects of an existing standard or may explore an area for future standards development.
- Deadline to Apply: March 31
- Notice of Award: April 30
- Award Acceptance: May 31
Value and Duration
- Awards are $10,000 per year;
- Award duration is a maximum of two years.
- Students must be applying to a graduate program for full time studies at the Masters level at an accredited Canadian University, or must be currently be enrolled in a Masters program at an accredited Canadian University;
- If awarded the scholarship, the student(s) must be enrolled in a Masters program to hold the award;
- Eligibility is limited to enrollment at accredited Canadian universities.
How to Apply
See the Application Instructions for details on how to apply and submit the following to [email protected]:
- Application Form
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, Protected Person, Student Visa or Study Permit, as applicable
- Letter of Support from Supervisor
- Two Referee Forms (submitted directly by the Referees to [email protected]) in the form provided as part of the application.
Helping design better systems for stormwater management
Véronique Guay, Institut national de la recherche scientifiqueRead more
Helping to enhance safety in the construction industry
Saeid Parsamehr, University of WindsorRead more
Novel computational methods can help improve structural design
Zaineb Khalid Al Maadhidi, Concordia UniversityRead more
Graduate student hopes to help improve standards
Jian Zhu, University of CalgaryRead more
Graduate research strives to enhance the fire-resilient design of steel structures
Chloe Jeanneret, York UniversityRead More
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.