News & Press
CSA Group Introduces Environmental Tips to Celebrate Earth Day
Inviting Global Citizens to Love Our Earth and Go Green
CSA Group, a leading global provider of standards development, testing and certification services initiated a new environmental proposal on “Love Our Earth and Go Green” to celebrate Earth Day. In celebration of Earth Day, CSA Group offered environmental tips and invited all global citizens to help protect our planet.
For decades, CSA Group has advanced and encouraged the adoption of sustainable energy and living through new and innovative thinking. CSA Group offers an energy efficiency verification program to test and certify products for water pollutants to ENERGY STAR® and WaterSense® requirements and is developing new standards for alternative energy products including solar panels and alternative energy vehicles and fueling components.
With the mission of Advancing Today and Anticipating Tomorrow, CSA Group invited all consumers and businesses to celebrate Earth Day. CSA Group offered the environmental tips below to help everyone contribute to a better, more sustainable world. By following these small steps everyone can help reduce the impact we have on the environment.
CSA Group Environmental Tips
Tip 1: Reduce Water Consumption and Your Water Footprint
Water is the driving force of all nature, and we cannot survive without it. We could save more water and reduce our water footprint  by:
- Recycling greywater from the sink for gardening.
- Re-using detergent-mixed water for flooring cleaning or toilet flushing
- Installing water-saving toilets.
- Applying a water-saving showerhead.
- Showering rather than taking a bath for better water efficiency.
Tip 2: Sort Household Waste
Sorting household waste is a key to waste management efficiency for recycling and reusing household products, such as newspaper and water bottles that can be made into other products. Other household waste can be composted or sorted for further treatment and disposal, helping to reduce or eliminate hazardous pollutants.
CSA Group urges inpiduals and business to embrace waste sorting practice so as to carry on the tradition of “reduce, re-use and recycle” through generations. Sorting waste contributes to a more efficient waste management process and helps to stimulate the development of green technologies.
Tip 3: Save Electricity
- Unplug your home electronic appliances. By simply unplugging your appliances when they are not being used, you save electricity.
- Move your air-conditioning thermostat temperature setting up to get the most comfort at the least cost.
- Use efficient lighting. Replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescents (CFLs), which use 60% less energy with five times’ higher performance. A 13W CFL delivers the same performance as a 60W incandescent bulb.
- Look for the energy efficient labels in purchasing new home appliances and choose the products that are the most efficient.
Tip 4: Say No to Single-Use/Disposable Products
- Bring your own shopping bag or shopping cart rather than relying on non-biodegradable plastic bags.
- Avoid single-use chopsticks; replace tissue paper with handkerchiefs or napkins to save the trees.
- Re-use scrap paper on double side or choose recycled paper as possible. Research shows that one ton of waste paper will produce 800 Kilogram’s recycled paper and save 17 mature trees. 
 A water footprint, based on a premise similar to that of a carbon footprint, measures the amount of water used by a product, an inpidual, a business or a country. – WWF
About CSA Group
CSA Group is an independent, not-for-profit member-based association dedicated to advancing safety, sustainability and social good. We are an internationally-accredited standards development and testing & certification organization. We also provide consumer product evaluation and education & training services. Our broad range of knowledge and expertise includes: industrial equipment, plumbing & construction, electro-medical & healthcare, appliances & gas, alternative energy, lighting and sustainability. The CSA mark appears on billions of products around the world.
Manager, Media Relations, Asia
April 22, 2015
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.Contact Us