CSA Group Undergraduate Research Scholarship
Engaging undergraduate students in standards research
Overview for Applicants
The purpose of the CSA Group Undergraduate Research Scholarship is to support undergraduate students in the pursuit of novel research related to standards. The research is to be conducted over a summer term under the direct supervision of an academic advisor. Undergraduate degree students studying at a publicly-funded, accredited Canadian college or university in their second year of study or higher are eligible to apply.
The research can be conducted in any field (e.g., engineering, social sciences, health sciences) and must include standards as a central component of the research. The research may investigate aspects of an existing standard or may explore an area for future standards development. The topic does not need to be related to an area where CSA Group already has standards.
- Deadline to Apply: January 31
- Notice of Award: March 15
- Award Acceptance: April 1
Value and Duration
- Scholarships are $5,000 per year;
- Award duration is for 16 weeks (May to August)
- Students must be enrolled in their second year or higher for full time studies in a degree program at the undergraduate level at an accredited Canadian university or college
- If awarded the scholarship, the student must be actively enrolled in the undergraduate program to hold the award;
- Students enrolled in a certificate, diploma, professional (e.g. MD, DDS) or graduate program are not eligible for this scholarship;
- Eligibility is limited to enrollment at publicly-funded accredited Canadian universities and colleges.
How to Apply
See the Application Instructions for details on how to apply and submit the following to [email protected] by the deadline:
- Application Form
- Proof of Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, protected person, student visa or study permit
- Letter of support from supervisor
- One referee form sent directly by the referee to [email protected] by the required deadline.
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.