CSA Group Undergraduate Research Scholarship
Engaging undergraduate students in standards research
Overview for Applicants
The purpose of the CSA Group Undergraduate Research Scholarship is to support undergraduate students in the pursuit of novel research related to standards. The research is to be conducted over a summer term under the direct supervision of an academic advisor. Undergraduate degree students studying at a publicly-funded, accredited Canadian college or university in their second year of study or higher are eligible to apply.
The research can be conducted in any field (e.g., engineering, social sciences, health sciences) and must include standards as a central component of the research. The research may investigate aspects of an existing standard or may explore an area for future standards development. The topic does not need to be related to an area where CSA Group already has standards.
- Deadline to Apply: January 31
- Notice of Award: March 15
- Award Acceptance: April 1
Value and Duration
- Scholarships are $5,000 per year
- Award duration is for 16 weeks (May to August)
- Students must be enrolled in their second year or higher for full-time studies in a degree program at the undergraduate level at an accredited Canadian university or college;
- Students enrolled in a certificate or diploma program are not eligible for this scholarship;
- Students enrolled in a professional (e.g. MD, DDS) or graduate program are not eligible for this scholarship;
- Eligibility is limited to enrollment at publicly-funded, accredited Canadian
universities and colleges.
How to Apply
Applications are to be completed online through the CSA scholarship application portal. See the Application Instructions in the portal for details on how to submit the following by the deadline:
- Application Form
- Letter of Support from Supervisor
- A recommendation form from a minimum of one referee. Note that the research supervisor cannot serve as a referee.
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.