As the industrial and manufacturing sectors continue the shift from centralized to decentralized operations, the world of production as we know it will change completely. This new era, commonly referred to as the fourth industrial revolution or Industry 4.0, is characterized by—smart manufacturing processes where a plethora of intelligent machines, systems, and networks independently exchange and respond to information to manage production. When it comes to industrial control systems, cybersecurity evaluation becomes a necessary extension of functional safety. Only when both of these evaluations are combined can an organization get a complete picture of the safety and security of its ICS.
In the whitepaper we discuss:
- The Rise of Automation and the Industrial Internet of Things
- If the Risks Outweigh the Benefits
- Comparing the IT/OT Landscape
- Common Threats and Security Gaps
- Best Practices in ICS Cybersecurity
- The Need to Pair Functional Safety Evaluation and Cybersecurity