Vietnam (MIC) Circular 18/2018/TT-BTTTT
Effective February 12, 2019
MIC had issued a new circular which is 18/2018/TT-BTTTT. This Circular is new amendment to Circular 46/2016/TT-BTTTT of MIC Vietnam
Below are the summary of the changes.
- The main amendments are the definition of the Short Range Devices, Wireless Video Transmitter, RFID, Automotive Radar, Radar Sensor or Road Transport and Traffic Telematics.
- Short Range Devices which do not meet requirements on operating frequency and operational technical conditions are NOT ALLOWED to use and to be imported into Vietnam (especially maximum ERP/EIRP power, spurious emissions)
- Short range device having multi operating frequency bands and/or exceeding allowed bands and/or multi power level must be fixed and limited to meet requirements of Circular 18/2018/TT-BTTTT and Circular 46/2016/TT-BTTTT of MIC Vietnam.
- 866 ~ 868 MHz license-free band allocated for RFID. 866 ~ 868 MHz had been removed in this circular. RFID products which have been manufactured or imported before enforcing date of this Circular can still be used in Vietnam, but must be stopped if cause harmful interference to licensed bands.
Important note: New RFID products operated within 866 ~ 868 MHz are forbidden to enter Vietnam.
RFID will be used within 918-923MHz with 500mW
- Frequency bands specially for railway systems have been added 3.234 MHz ~ 5.234 MHz and 26.957 MHz ~ 27.283 MHz
- High power RFID 918-923 MHz for non-stop electronic toll collection systems and wireless sounds devices used for radio / television broadcasting purposes are removed from Short Range Device category (higher ERP/EIRP power is allowed but must obtain frequency permit to use).
- Extend the operating range of frequency band for wireless power charging products (Like QI) to 9 kHz ~ 190 kHz.
- Add few more license-free frequency bands for AIS and EPIRB (maritime equipment)