US (FCC) – SPECIFIC ABSORPTION RATE (SAR) CHANGES
Effective February 19, 2019
- FCC has permitted the use of single head-tissue simulating liquid specified in IEC 62209-1 for all SAR tests;
- Mix and Match of traditional FCC SAR TSLs and IEC 62209-1 TSL in a single application is not permitted;
- TSL can be changed in a Permissive Change. If SAR increases and original SAR > 1.2 W/Kg, additional SAR measurements will be required;
- EC 62209-1 TSL is an alternative, not mandatory at this time;
- FCC parameters are used, ±5% tolerance. If IEC parameters, ±10% tolerance.