Sri Lanka (TRCSL) – New Type Approval Procedures
The Telecommunications Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka (TRCSL) has published the new Type Approval Procedures that will take effect on December 16, 2020. The new Type Approval Procedures are applicable to all types of RTTE intended to be imported, marketed, manufactured or used in Sri Lanka. All existing certificates will only last for 6 months from the effective date and must be recertified under the new requirements.
Important changes are as follows:
- New Type Approval fee structure
- The importation of certain types of RTTE (to be determined by the Commission from time to time) may be exempted from Type Approval.
- Short range infrared remote control equipment such as TV remote controls, garage door opener
- RTTE embedded in Desktop Computers and Laptops that use short-range radio technologies such as WiFi, Bluetooth
- Transmitter equipment with output power below 50 mW
- RTTE installed in a vehicle such as car navigation units, remote car keys that use short range technologies such as WiFi, Bluetooth
- Individuals who brought RTTE into the country for their personal use under the Section 27
- One sample is required to support Type Approval certificates
- New labelling requirements for all equipment approved by TRC
- Test reports must be less than 3 months old
- Test reports need to be from a lab accredited with Sri Lanka
- Existing certificates will be valid for 6 months and after that date must apply for a new certificate (a simplified process is available for this type of certification)
- Validity of TRC certificates is changed from 3 years to 4 years