Malaysia (MCMC) - Requirements for Voice Over LTE (VoLTE)
Malaysia MCMC & SIRIM announced the latest requirement for Voice Over LTE (VoLTE) on January 14, 2021.
This is an update from the previous announcement on 3G Network Sunset on November 13, 2020.
It informs that all new applications for 4G-capable device that can make phone call via mobile network that supports VoLTE that are submitted after November 6, 2020:
- Shall be submitted with declaration on VoLTE support and enabled
- If approved, shall be approved with interim approval until June 30, 2021
- Shall submit VoLTE test report by June 30, 2021 to continue CoC’s validity
- After June 30, 2021, all new applications shall be submitted with VoLTE test report and the VoLTE declaration is no longer required
For this update, MCMC and SIRIM have finalized the report requirements.
- To demonstrate compliance for VoLTE, the 4G capable devices shall be tested according to IR.92 or TS 34.229-1 or equivalent standards by accredited laboratory
- The VoLTE test report for interim approvals shall be submitted to SIRIM starting February 15, 2021 until June 30, 2021
- After June 30, 2021, interim approvals without VoLTE test report submission shall not be granted full approval
- After June 30, 2021, all new applications shall be submitted with VoLTE test report and VoLTE declaration is no longer required
- New application is submitted between February 15 and June 30, 2021 and already possess valid VoLTE test report, applicant may submit the test report without the VoLTE declaration
- Full approval shall be granted if applicant demonstrates compliance to VoLTE requirements through test report submitted. Other certification requirements shall also be fulfilled in order to receive full approval.