Israel (MoC) – New List of Type Approval Exemption Devices
The Ministry of Communication (MoC) released a new list of products which are exempted from type approval in order to encourage the import and competition in Israel’s wireless products market.
The new list of devices according to the ordinance includes:
- Operating within the frequency band 2,400 to 2,483.5 MHz in Bluetooth technology according to IEEE 802.15.1 standard, or in ANT / ANT + technology, which include an antenna;
- Designed only for the reception of satellite transmissions for position determination using Global positioning such as GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO or BEIDOU system;
- A parabolic antenna with a diameter not exceeding 244 cm including side equipment, intended for the reception of satellite broadcasts;
- Devices operating in the field of infrared frequencies between 1,000 GHz and 3,000 GHz with a transmission not exceeding 200 mW;
- Computer peripherals (mouse, keyboard);
- Computer monitors;
- Video Streamers (compliant with the provisions of the European Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU and labelled with CE marking);
- E-book readers (without cellular functions);
- Tablets (without cellular functions);
- Laptops (without cellular function);
- Desktop computers (without cellular functions);
- Converters for the reception of television broadcasts to the public and TV receiver set-top boxes (devices need to be in accordance with the European Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU and bear the CE marking);
- TV Sets;
- A radio receiver for the reception of public broadcasts using FM / DAB / AM technologies;
- Spare parts for a mobile phone;
- Wristwatch, excluding mobile wristwatch;
- Vacuum cleaners;
- Portable battery-operated metal detectors;
Please be advised that although no official documentation has been published with the new MoC regulation, the customs management has instructed the customs officers to act upon these new regulations.
A link to the MoC newsletter can be found here.