India (WPC) Equipment Type Approval Through Self-Declaration for Certain Categories of Wireless Equipment in License Exempt Bands
Effective February 26, 2019
India WPC authority issued the new regulation on Equipment Type Approval (ETA) requirement for certain categories of wireless equipment operating in license exempt bands with low transmission power which are exempted from import licensing requirement as per the import policy of DGFT.
ETA through self-declaration is permitted for commercial / finished products such as mobile, computing devices such as mobile handsets, smart phones, electronic notepads, laptops, smart watches, and short range devices including accessories, microphones, speakers, headphones, earphones, printers, scanners, cameras etc.
The importer or Authorized Indian local representative shall self-declare at India Customs.
India (TEC) Regulation on Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipment (MTCTE) Implementation
Effective March 12, 2019
TEC has implemented Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipment (MTCTE) for telecom products to be sold in India. It has been decided that certification of all telecom equipment under MTCTE shall take effect from August 1, 2019
India Marking of BIS Website Reference on Registered Products
Effective March 1, 2019
Further to the notification by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) on August 31 2018, it is mandatory to provide a reference of the website of BIS so that consumers may verify the authenticity of the standard marked product.
The guidelines for marking of the BIS website:
- BIS website reference shall be marked as bis.gov.in and same shall meet all the requirements as applicable to that of registration number marked along with standard mark.
- BIS website reference shall be provided, wherever the standard mark is marked.
The notification can be accessed at:
India (BIS) Revised Standards for Secondary Batteries
Effective March 11, 2019
BIS has issued a new guideline for implementation of Revised Standards IS 16046 (Part 1): 2018/IEC 62133-1: 2017 and IS 16046 (Part 2): 2018/ IEC 62133-2: 2017 superseding IS 16046:2015/ IEC 62133: 2012 – Secondary Cells and Batteries containing alkaline or other non-acid electrolytes.
The last date for implementation of the Revised Standards is March 14, 2020 after which the old Standard IS 16046:2015/IEC 62133: 2012 shall be withdrawn.
- IS 16046 (Part 1): 2018/ IEC 62133-1: 2017 – Secondary Cells and Batteries Containing Alkaline or Other Non-Acid Electrolytes — Safety Requirements for Portable Sealed Secondary Cells and for Batteries Made from Them for Use in Portable Applications Part 1 Nickel Systems
- IS 16046 (Part 2): 2018/ IEC 62133-2:2017 – Secondary Cells and Batteries Containing Alkaline or Other Non-Acid Electrolytes — Safety Requirements for Portable Sealed Secondary Cells and for Batteries Made from Them for Use in Portable Applications Part 2 Lithium Systems
The guidelines for implementation of the revised standards:
- Applications for Grant of Licence (GoL) or Requests for Change in Scope of Licence (CSoL) already submitted in BIS shall be processed as per old version. New applications for GoL/ CSoL as per old version shall be accepted only up to February 14, 2020
- For GoL / CSoL applications processed as per old version, manufacturers shall switchover to new version on or before March 14, 2020 failing which such application(s) for GoL/CSoL shall be processed for closure/rejection as per norms. Beyond March 14 2020, no registration shall be granted as per old version
- New applications for GoL may also be submitted as per new version
The guidelines can be accessed at https://www.crsbis.in/BIS/app_srv/tdc/gl/docs/Guidelines_Modified.pdf
All the standards under Mandatory Certification Scheme can be viewed here. https://www.bsbedge.com/mandatory-indian-standards
India (TEC) Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipment (MTCTE) Update Logo for Labelling
Effective February 22, 2019
The TEC Logo has been uploaded on the website https://www.mtcte.tec.gov.in/downloads
Please refer to the logo for labeling requirements of equipment under MTCTE.