Brazil (ANATEL) - Act Nº 7280 Replaces Act Nº 2220
The ANATEL Act 7280 will become effective after June 1, 2021.
The key changes are:
- Factories must provide ISO 9001 certificates for all type of products.
- Now, the new renewal cycle is two years instead of one year renewal cycle as before for phones, WWAN devices, ONT, xDSL modem, mobile phone’s batteries and chargers, power bank, etc.
- ANATEL will accept test reports done abroad for some type of devices, such as OLT, Data Network Equipment (Switch) installed in corporative/industrial environment, Multiplex, DWDM and others etc. Foreigner labs must be accredited by ILAC. Testing must be done within two years.
- Lifetime certificate’s rule is no longer exist. The new rule will be three years renewal cycle for these type of products.
- Some products will be acceptable to approve for Declaration of Conformity (DoC) such as connectors, broadcasting equipment, RF power amplifier for earth station, earth station modem, satellite transceiver, XDSL filter – central splitter and others.