IEC 60335-2-107:2017+A1:2020+A2:2021 specifies safety requirements and their verification for the design and construction of robotic battery powered electrical rotary lawnmowers and their peripherals with the rated voltage of the battery being not more than 75 V d.c. EMC and environmental aspects, except noise, have not been considered in this standard. This document does not apply to the additional risks associated with internal combustion engine(s), hybrid and fuel cell powered machines and associated charging systems. This document deals with all the significant hazards presented by battery powered robotic lawnmowers and their peripherals when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable. Throughout this document, the term machine is used to refer to the robotic lawnmower, separate from its charging station. This document also provides requirements for the safety of mains powered charging stations and signal sources for perimeter delimiters. Additional battery operation and charging requirements for robotic lawnmowers, including the charging of lithium ion batteries, are specified in Annex KK which replaces Annexes B and S (except for requirements for non-rechargeable batteries) of Part 1. This document is not applicable to machines which are manufactured before the date of publication of this document by IEC. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2012. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Clause 7: Markings and instructions, new requirements for markings, warnings and the instruction manual;
- Clause 8: Protection against access to live parts, new requirements for protection against electric shock for hazardous battery voltages;
- Clause 20: Stability and mechanical hazards, revised requirements for manual controller, manual stop, cutting means stopping time, traction drive stopping and restart procedures, as well as a new standing child foot probe test;
- Clause 22: Construction, revised requirements for disabling devices, working area, perimeter delimiter, sensors and manual controller, as well as new requirements for machine connectors used for charging and contact surfaces used as obstruction sensing devices;
- Clause 24: Components, revised requirements for switches and
- Clause 29: Clearances, creepage distances and solid insulation, revised requirements for the machine and non-mains-powered peripherals.
This standard series is a product family standard series dealing with the safety of appliances and takes precedence over horizontal and generic standards covering the same subject. This publication is to be used in conjunction with the fifth edition (2010) of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments.
Keywords: Hand-held tools, Robotic Battery Powered Electrical Lawnmowers, Safety