Codes et normes - Achat
L’accès à la lecture de ce document n’est offert qu’à des personnes in Canada
détails du produit
Compressed breathing air and systems protect workers engaged in tasks that may affect the quality of breathing air in their work environment. Compressed breathing air systems refers to the assembly of various components required to produce and/or deliver compressed breathing air to the user, and purification systems refers to the device - chemical, mechanical, physical or combination thereof – used to remove contaminants. These systems must be designed and constructed to work together to help that purification requirements are met. The fifth edition of Z180.1 helps to protect workers by providing the minimum requirements for the purity of compressed breathing air supplied to service outlets and for breathing air systems required to produce, store and distribute such air.
Highlights of Z180.1 Include:
- Includes design, construction, testing commissioning, operation and maintenance of component
- Provides requirements for compressed breathing air systems that supply compressed breathing air along with accepted respirators
- Applies to the design, construction, commissioning, calibration, testing, operation, and maintenance of components for compressed breathing air systems
- Includes compressed breathing air and systems used for supplied-air suits, supplied-air respirators, SCBA, and ambient air systems, and other applications where the requirements to reference the compressed breathing air purity requirements are necessary
This is the fifth edition of CSA Z180.1, Compressed breathing air and systems. It supersedes the previous editions published in 2000, 1985, 1978, and 1973.
This Standard provides the minimum requirements, unless otherwise specified by the authority having jurisdiction, for the purity of compressed breathing air supplied to the service outlet and for breathing air systems required to produce, store, and distribute such air.
This Standard is limited to compressed breathing air and compressed breathing air systems used in the following applications:
(a) supplied-air respirators;
(b) supplied-air suits;
(c) self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) (open circuit);
(d) ambient air systems; and
(e) other applications for which qualified persons deem it appropriate to reference the compressed breathing air purity requirements described in this Standard, e.g., vortex tubes used for heating and cooling supplied-air suits.
(1) Implementation of the requirements of this Standard within a respiratory protection program is addressed in CAN/CSA-Z94.4.
(2) Refer to the manufacturer, the testing and certification agency, and the authority having jurisdiction for quality requirements for breathing gas in closed-circuit SCBA.
(3) For diving operations, refer to CSA Z275.2.
This Standard includes requirements applicable to the design, construction, commissioning, calibration, testing, operation, and maintenance of components for compressed breathing air systems.
In CSA standards, shall is used to express a requirement, i.e., a provision that the user is obliged to satisfy in order to comply with the standard; should is used to express a recommendation or that which is advised but not required; and may is used to express an option or that which is permissible within the limits of the standard.
Notes accompanying clauses do not include requirements or alternative requirements; the purpose of a note accompanying a clause is to separate from the text explanatory or informative material.
Notes to tables and figures are considered part of the table or figure and may be written as requirements.
Annexes are designated normative (mandatory) or informative (nonmandatory) to define their application.
The values given in SI units are the units of record for the purposes of this Standard. The values given in parentheses are for information and comparison only.