Canadian Hydrogen Installation Code Essentials
The purpose of this online course is to foster understanding and practical application of the Canadian Hydrogen Installation Code as it relates to installation requirements for hydrogen generating/utilization/dispensing equipment, hydrogen storage containers, hydrogen piping systems, and their related components.
Included in this course:
- Overview of CHIC
- General installation requirements
- Hydrogen equipment
- Electrical requirements
- Gaseous hydrogen installations
- Liquid hydrogen installations
- Residential installations
- Portable equipment
This course includes activities and a quiz. Use the activities to self-assess how well you understand and can apply what you are learning.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Identify what installations are covered under the CHIC
- Recognize potential sources of hazards for hydrogen installations
- Recognize the requirements for training system operators on safe use of hydrogen equipment after installation
- Identify the minimum clearance distance around equipment for maintenance
- Locate the activation method for an emergency shutdown (ESD) system
- Recall the maximum allowable working pressure (MAWP) for hydrogen systems and equipment
- Describe where gaseous hydrogen piping cannot be installed
- Recall the maximum amount of hydrogen a system can contain and be classified as “containing hydrogen”
- List the steps taken to prepare a liquid hydrogen installation for use
- Recognize when hydrogen utilization equipment can be installed in a dwelling room
• Engineers and technicians
• Construction Professionals
• Facility and project managers
• Manufacturing Professionals
• Estimators, inspectors & regulatory officers
• Trainers, teachers & educators
• Utility managers
Estimated Completion Time
2 hours (90 days course access)
Learn More About the Canadian Hydrogen Installation Code
The Canadian Hydrogen Installation Code sets the installation requirements for hydrogen-generating equipment for non-process end use, hydrogen utilization equipment, hydrogen-dispensing equipment, hydrogen storage containers, hydrogen piping systems, and their related accessories.
Why Get Your Training From CSA Group?
You'll be guided through a comprehensive program of study that has been developed by a team of industry professionals.
CSA Group acknowledges that the development of this course was made possible, in part, by the financial support of Natural Resources Canada.
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
For web browser:
• Microsoft Edge (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
• All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).