CSA Z662:23 Safety & Loss Management
Online Self-Paced Course
Safety and loss management systems are wholistic systems which set out how pipelines are managed through their entire lifecycle – from initial design through construction, operation and ultimately, abandonment. Increasingly, regulators rely on the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of SLMSs to assess compliance and ensure safety.
This self-paced training explains exactly what SLMSs are, how they relate to programs such as emergency management and integrity management, and how they must be managed.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the concept of management systems and the plan-do-check-act (PDCA) cycle.
- Identify the essential elements of Safety and Loss Management Systems within CSA Z662.
- Outline, at a high-level, the Canadian regulatory framework governing pipelines.
- Explain how programs for integrity management, emergency management and security management fit within SLMSs.
- Describe how to develop, implement, and maintain SLMSs through audits and other checks.
- Anticipate and be responsive to the evolving expectations of Regulators to help ensure compliance using SLMSs.
- Operations Managers (Field Supervisor)
- Engineers and Technologists
- Construction Supervisors and Managers
- Quality Control/Assurance Managers
- Project Managers
- Pipeline Inspectors
- Health & Safety Environment Advisor
- Regulator Staffs
Estimated Completion Time
3 hours (90 days course access)
- Management Systems
- Canadian Regulatory Framework
- Requirements for Safety and Loss Management Systems
- Documented Controls (including Integrity Management)
- Auditing and Continuous Improvement
A good understanding of CSA Z662:23, Oil and gas pipeline systems will help you get the best possible results from this course.
• CSA Z662:23 Pipeline Systems- Essentials instructor-led training
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
For web browser:
- Microsoft Edge (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).