CSA Z662:23 Pipeline Systems - Essentials
Online Self-Paced Course
This training stresses the importance of integrating CSA Z662 at every stage of a pipeline systems’ life cycle to help ensure pipeline safety and integrity on people, equipment, and the environment. From the initial design through to the abandonment of the pipeline system, understanding the requirements, application, and CSA Z662’s relationship with regulatory requirements promotes a holistic approach.
CSA Z662 is a National Standard of Canada, and is referenced in all federal, provincial, and territorial regulation, many of whom adopt the new edition immediately upon release.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Consult the scope of CSA Z662 to determine if the applicable pipeline and or equipment is covered in the Standard or not.
- Identify the essential elements of safety and loss management systems (SLMS) within CSA Z662.
- Explain the importance and application of engineering assessment throughout the life cycle of a pipeline.
- Explain the essential elements of the pipeline design requirements in Clauses 4 and 5 of CSA Z662.
- Summarize the high-level requirements for construction of pipeline systems in Canada.
- Explain how to manage the risk (impact and likelihood) of pipeline failure.
- Explain the various damage and deterioration mechanisms of pipelines.
- Identify various technologies utilized to inspect and verify pipeline damage and overstress concerns and methods of pipeline repair and rehabilitation.
- Describe how different Clauses in CSA Z662 impact your role in the pipeline system’s life cycle.
• Design Engineers
• Construction Supervisors
• Operations Managers
• Integrity Managers
• Project Managers
• Health & Safety Environment Advisor
• QC/QA Professionals
• Records Management Professionals
• Pipeline Inspectors
• Regulatory staffs in both federal and provincial level
Estimated Completion Time
8 hours (90 days course access)
- Safety and Loss Management
- Risk Management
- Integrity Management
- Engineering Assessments
- CSA Z662 Design Philosophy and Key Considerations
- CSA Z662 Design Methods
- Other (Non-pressure) Design Considerations
- Class Locations
- Design Hoop Stress Factors & Wall Thickness Requirements
- Design of Components
- Material Re-use and Record Keeping
- Notch Toughness and Temperature Effects
- Steel Pipe – Requirements and Limitations
- Non-steel pipelines
- Transportation, Handling, and Installation
- Pressure Testing
Operations, Maintenance and Upgrading
- Pipelines System Upgrades, Repairs, and Maintenance
- Pipeline System Degradation
- Pipe Deterioration and Damage
- Pipeline Repairs and Emergencies
CSA Z662:23, Oil and gas pipeline systems
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
For web browser:
- Microsoft Edge (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).