Cutting tool data representation and exchange -- Part 307: Creation and exchange of 3D models -- End mills for indexable inserts
ISO/TS 13399-307:2016 specifies a common way of design simplified models that contain the following:
- definitions and identifications of the design features of end mills for indexable inserts, with an association to the used properties;
- definitions and identifications of the internal structure of the 3D model that represents the features and the properties of end mills for indexable inserts.
The following are outside the scope of this part of ISO/TS 13399:
- applications where these standard data may be stored or referenced;
- concept of 3D models for cutting tools;
- concept of 3D models for cutting items;
- concept of 3D models for other tool items not being described in the scope of this International Standard;
- concept of 3D models for adaptive items;
- concept of 3D models for assembly items and auxiliary items.