Codes & Standards - Purchase
ISO/IEC 12905:2011 is independent of the physical interface and is applicable to situations where the cardholder operates the card-accepting equipment (e.g. a cash dispenser, ticket machine, vending machine). It applies not only to ID-1 type cards, but also to SIM/UIM (ID-000) on mobile phones and form-factor-free contactless integrated circuit cards which are specified in ISO/IEC 14443.
ISO/IEC 12905:2011 comprises:
- data elements containing the user preferences,
- the storage/retrieval formats for input and output of these data elements,
- security related to the information contained in these data elements,
- the access method to these data elements, and
- protection of cardholder information.