Codes & Standards - Purchase
ISO/IEC TR 14471:2007
ISO/IEC TR 14471:2007 will:
- identify critical success factors (CSF);
- propose a set of adoption processes;
- guide successful adoption in consideration of organizational and cultural environment.
The following groups are targeted as potential audiences:
- CASE users;
- information systems managers;
- chief information officers (CIO);
- CASE suppliers;
- software engineering consultants;
- those involved in the acquisition of CASE tools and technology.
Therefore ISO/IEC TR 14471:2007 addresses aspects of CASE tools adoption. It is best used in conjunction with ISO/IEC 14102 for CASE tool evaluation and selection. It is complementary to related ISO/IEC documents which deal with the general aspects of these topics.
The purpose of ISO/IEC TR 14471:2007 is to provide a recommended practice for CASE adoption. It provides guidance in establishing processes and activities that are to be applied for the successful adoption of CASE technology. The use of ISO/IEC TR 14471:2007 will help to maximize the return and minimize the risk of investing in CASE technology. However, ISO/IEC TR 14471:2007 does not establish compliance criteria.