IEC TS 62474-1:2022
Material declaration for products of and for the electrotechnical industry - Part 1: Guidance on the implementation of IEC 62474
This document supports consistent implementation of IEC 62474, including how the procedures, content, and form relating to material declarations for products can be further specified. It also illustrates how to apply IEC 62474 to non-electrotechnical industries.
• illustrates the flexibility and functionality of the IEC 62474 standard including examples,
• illustrates how to achieve conformity with IEC 62474, including guidance on preparing a declaration for compliance and a composition declaration, including mandatory and optional declaration requirements,
• illustrates how IEC 62474 can be applied to non-electrotechnical industries by preparing material declarations using an alternate declarable substance list (DSL),
• supports organizations that create software to exchange substance and material data to implement IEC 62474 in their tools, and
• supports users that submit and receive material declarations.
Following the IEC 62474 standard scope, process chemicals, emissions during product use and product packaging material are not in the scope of this document.
IEC TS 62474-1:2022 cancels and replaces IEC TR 62474-1:2015.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC TR 62474-1:2015:
a) IEC TR 62474-1:2015 was revised and converted to a Technical Specification in accordance with the requirements of the ISO/IEC Directives;
b) the introduction and scope have been updated to better align with the requirements of IEC 62474:2018;
c) by defining an authority, list identity and list version, the standard data exchange format can be used for lists other than the IEC 62474 database;
d) two types of material declarations, declaration for compliance and composition declaration, and their requirements are defined;
e) the material classes and exemption list capabilities have been improved;
f) guidance is provided on how to use data fields in the declaration of compliance and composition declaration to collect the information required for the European Chemical Agency (ECHA) Substances of Concern In articles, as such or in complex objects (Products) (SCIP) database;
g) six examples of material declaration are given to show how IEC 62474 meets various industry needs.