Codes & Standards - Purchase
IEC 60335-2-102:2017 RLV
IEC 60335-2-102:2017 deals with the safety of gas, oil and solid-fuel burning appliances having electrical connections, for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances. This standard covers the electrical safety and some other safety aspects of these appliances. All safety aspects are covered when the appliance also complies with the relevant standard for the fuel-burning appliance. If the appliance incorporates electric heating sources, safety aspects concerning these electric sources are covered when the appliance also complies with the relevant part 2 of IEC 60335. Examples of appliances within the scope of this standard are
– central heating boilers;
– commercial catering equipment;
– cooking appliances;
– laundry and cleaning appliances;
– room heaters;
– warm air heaters;
– water heaters.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard. This standard deals with the reasonably foreseeable hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons. However, in general, it does not take into account
– persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge
prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
– children playing with the appliance.
Attention is drawn to the fact that
– for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
This standard does not apply to
– appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
– appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas). This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2004 including its Amendment 1 (2008) and its Amendment 2 (2012). This edition constitutes constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition: a spillage test is introduced for appliances that have a flat surface on which a cup may be placed (15.101); terms and definitions were renumbered and some notes have been converted to normative text or deleted (19.11.2, 22.103). This publication has been drafted in accordance with the ISO/IEC Directives, Part 2. This part 2-102 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments. It was established on the basis of IEC 60335-1:2010, its Amendment 1:2013 and its Amendment 2:2016. The attention of National Committees is drawn to the fact that equipment manufacturers and testing organizations may need a transitional period following publication of a new, amended or revised IEC publication in which to make products in accordance with the new requirements and to equip themselves for conducting new or revised tests. It is the recommendation of the committee that the content of this publication be adopted for implementation nationally not earlier than 12 months or later than 36 months from the date of publication.
Key words: Gas, Oil, Solid Fuel Burning Appliances, Safety