IEC 60076-11:2018 is now available as IEC 60076-11:2018 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.
IEC 60076-11:2018 applies to dry-type power transformers (including auto-transformers) having values of highest voltage for equipment up to and including 72,5 kV and at least one winding operating at greater than 1,1 kV. This document does not apply to:
- gas-filled dry-type transformers where the gas is not air;
- single-phase transformers rated at less than 5 kVA;
- polyphase transformers rated at less than 15 kVA;
- instrument transformers;
- starting transformers;
- testing transformers;
- traction transformers mounted on rolling stock;
- flameproof and mining transformers;
- welding transformers;
- voltage regulating transformers;
- small power transformers in which safety is a special consideration.
Where IEC standards do not exist for the transformers mentioned above or for other special transformers, this document may be applicable as a whole or in parts. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2004 and constitutes a technical revision. The main changes with regard to the previous edition are as follows:
- Extension of the scope up to 72,5kV
- Enclosure management in regards of the performance
- Management of the dielectric and thermal features with altitude
- New climatic classes for a better adaptation of customers’ need
- Establishment of the relation between location and environmental classes
- For fire behaviour classes, limitation at 1000kVA and process of test more robust
- Introduction of Seismic class
- Recommendations for amorphous transformers
Keywords: dry-type transformers
The contents of the corrigendum of March 2019 and the Interpretation sheet 1 of July 2020 have been included in this copy.