Codes & Standards - Purchase
IEC TS 62600-300:2019
· A systematic methodology for evaluating the power performance of river current energy converters (RECs) that produce electricity for utility scale and localized grids;
· A definition of river energy converter rated capacity and rated water speed;
· A methodology for the production of power curves for the river energy converters in consideration; and
· A framework for the reporting of results.
Exclusions from the scope of this document are as follows:
· RECs that provide forms of energy other than electrical energy unless the other form is an intermediary step that is converted into electricity by the river energy converter;
· Resource assessment, that will be addressed separately in the River Energy Resource Assessment Technical Specification;
· Scaling of any measured or derived results;
· Power quality issues;
· Any type of performance other than power and energy performance; and
· The combined effect of multiple river energy converter arrays.