IEC 60034-27-1:2017 provides a common basis for:
- measuring techniques and instruments;
- the arrangement of test circuits;
- normalization and testing procedures;
- noise reduction;
- the documentation of test results;
- the interpretation of test results,
with respect to partial discharge off-line measurements on the winding insulation of rotating electrical machines.
This International Standard cancels and replaces IEC TS 60034-27 (2006). It constitutes a technical revision and reflects numerous improvements and corrections with respect to the previous publication.