IEC 60695-8-1:2016 provides guidance on the measurement and interpretation of heat release from electrotechnical products and materials from which they are constructed. Heat release data can be used as part of fire hazard assessment and in fire safety engineering, as described in IEC 60695-1-11 and IEC 60695-1-12. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2008. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- a modified Introduction;
- reference to IEC 60695-1-12;
- updated normative references;
- revised terms and definitions;
- new text in 4.2.2, 4.2.3, 6.1 and 6.4, including several mandatory statements and
- mandatory statements in a new Subclause 6.5.
This standard is to be used in conjunction with IEC 60695-8-2.
It has the status of a horizontal standard in accordance with IEC Guide 104
and ISO/IEC Guide 51.
Key words: Fire Hazard, Heat Release, Fire Safety Engineering