IEC 60204-1:2016 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is available in English only and provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between the official IEC Standard and its previous edition.
IEC 60204-1:2016 applies to electrical, electronic and programmable electronic equipment and systems to machines not portable by hand while working, including a group of machines working together in a co-ordinated manner. The equipment covered by this part of IEC 60204 commences at the point of connection of the supply to the electrical equipment of the machine. This sixth edition cancels and replaces the fifth edition published in 2005. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- added requirements to address applications involving power drive systems (PDS);
- revised electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements;
- clarified overcurrent protection requirements;
- requirements for determination of the short circuit current rating of the electrical equipment;
- revised protective bonding requirements and terminology;
- reorganization and revision to Clause 9, including requirements pertaining to safe torque off of PDS, emergency stop, and control circuit protection;
- revised symbols for actuators of control devices;
- revised technical documentation requirements;
- general updating to current special national conditions, normative standards, and bibliographical references.