IEC 62061:2015 specifies the system architecture and the communication protocol of Wireless networks for Industrial Automation - Process Automation (WIA-PA) that is built on IEEE STD 802.15.4-2011. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2011. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- changed IEEE STD 802.15.4-2006 to IEEE STD 802.15.4-2011 and added common modification for IEEE STD 802.15.4-2011 MAC profile, PHY profile and IEEE STD 802.15.4-2011 related references;
- added common modifications for regional adoption and added Annex D and Annex E;
- deleted extended MAC management services and added two DLSL management services;
- added specific state machines for DLSL and NL;
- unified representation of frame format and packet format;
- changed format of definition of data types;
- added detailed description of technologies for clearer understanding;
- provided support for CCA modes 1, 2, and 3. Annex E lists all of the in-some-country clauses on differing practices of a less permanent nature relating to the subject of this standard.
The contents of the corrigendum of March 2021 have been included in this copy.