Codes & Standards - Purchase
NOTE 1 Adjustable speed electric a.c. power drive systems intended to feed a.c. motors, and with rated converter input voltages above 1 000 V a.c. are covered by IEC 61800-4.
NOTE 2 Adjustable speed electric d.c. power drive systems intended to feed d.c. motors are covered by IEC 61800-1.
NOTE 3 For adjustable speed electric a.c. power drive systems having series-connected electronic power converter sections, the line-to-line voltage is the sum of the series connected input voltages.
Traction applications and electric vehicles are excluded from the scope of this standard. IEC 61800-2:2015 is intended to define the following aspects of an a.c. power drive system (PDS):
- principal parts of the PDS;
- ratings and performance;
- specifications for the environment in which the PDS is intended to be installed and operated;
- other specifications which might be applicable when specifying a complete PDS.
This standard provides minimum requirements, which may be used for the development of a specification between customer and manufacturer. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition.
a) Clause 1 (Scope) has been updated,
b) Clause 2 (Normative references) has been updated,
c) Clause 3 (Definitions) has been updated including fundamental definitions to be used across the IEC 61800 series of standards,
d) Clause 4 has been updated with respect to:
1) description of the basic topology for BDM/CDM/PDS (4.2);
2) ratings and performance (4.3 and 4.4);
3) reference to applicable standards within the IEC 61800 series with respect to EMC (IEC 61800-3), Electrical safety (IEC 61800-5-1), Functional safety (IEC 61800-5-2), Load duty aspects (IEC TR 61800-6), Communication profiles (IEC 61800-7 series) and Power interface voltage (IEC TS 61800-8) to avoid conflicting requirements (4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.10, 4.11, 4.12);
4) update of requirement for ECO design (4.8);
5) update of requirement for environmental evaluation (4.9);
6) implementation of requirement for explosive atmosphere (4.13).
e) Clause 5 has been updated with test requirement in order to provide a clear link between design requirement and test requirement.
f) Clause 6 has been updated to harmonize the marking and documentation requirement within the IEC 61800 series.
g) Existing Annexes A to G have been deleted and replaced with new Annexes A to C.