IEC 60432-1:1999+A1:2005+A2:2011 specifies the safety and interchangeability requirements of tungsten filament incandescent lamps for general lighting service having:
- rated wattage up to and including 200 W;
- rated voltage of 50 V to 250 V inclusive;
- bulbs of the A, B, C, G, M, P, PS, PAR or R shapes* , or other bulb shapes where the lamps are intended to serve the same purpose as lamps with the foregoing bulb shapes;
- bulbs with all kinds of finishes;
- caps B15d, B22d, E12, E14, E17, E26** , E26d, E26/50x39, E27 or E27/51x39. The technical content is therefore identical to the base edition and its amendments and has been prepared for user convenience. It bears the edition number 2.2. A vertical line in the margin shows where the base publication has been modified by amendments 1 and 2. This consolidated version consists of the second edition (1999), its amendment 1 (2005) and its amendment 2 (2011). Therefore, no need to order amendments in addition to this publication.