IEC 60364-7-702:2010 applies to electrical installations of:
- basins of swimming pools and paddling pools and their surrounding zones;
- areas in natural waters, lakes in gravel pits and coastal and similar areas, specially intended to be occupied by persons for swimming, paddling and similar purposes, and their surrounding zones. Such areas in natural waters, lakes in gravel pits and coastal and similar areas, are considered as swimming pools;
- basins of fountains and their surrounding zones.
For swimming pools for medical use, special requirements may apply. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 1997 and constitutes a technical revision. The main changes with respect to the previous edition are as follows:
- the scope has been improved, including natural areas in natural waters;
- the description of zones has been improved;
- all figures have been updated.
This publication contains colours which are considered to be useful for the correct understanding of its contents.