CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
There are various types of piping and tubing systems that gas technicians/fitters use. A thorough knowledge of these systems, as well as the associated valves and fittings, is necessary in order to properly plan for and install a piping or tubing system.
Correctly sizing the piping and tubing system supply piping depends on many factors, such as the length of the pipe, the supply pressure, and any changes in direction of the pipe. Installation requirements also depend on the location, i.e., whether the piping or tubing system is installed underground, above ground, on a rooftop, etc. Whenever installing piping and tubing systems, testing and inspecting them is a must to ensure they meet the Code requirements.
At the end of this unit, you will be able to:
• Describe piping and tubing systems;
• Explain how to size piping and tubing systems;
• Describe Code requirements for testing;
• Describe how to purge a system; and
• Describe how to protect piping or tubing from corrosion.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.