GAS TRADE: UNIT 27B (7th ed. pub. 2022) - Ontario Version
Gas Trade: Unit 27B - Commercial cooking equipment
CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
The large volumes of cooking carried out in hotel, restaurant, and cafeteria kitchens require that commercial cooking equipment be designed to function faster and more economically than domestic or residential equipment. Gas cooking appliances for commercial kitchens are designed for specific tasks that require efficient, safe, and hygienic functioning.
The gas technician/fitter must be thoroughly familiar with commercial cooking appliances, their particular requirements and standards governing installation and maintenance, and special venting and air supply designs and requirements.
Prior to activating the gas equipment in a kitchen, the ventilation and fire control systems must be installed and functioning properly.
At the end of this unit, you will be able to:
• Interpret codes and standards for commercial cooking equipment;
• Identify typical commercial cooking equipment;
• Describe installation, servicing, and maintenance; and
• Describe ventilation requirements.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.