CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
Gas technicians/fitters encounter a variety of commercial and industrial equipment over 400 000 Btu/h (120 kW) for installation or start-up. When installing such equipment, the gas technician/ fitter must follow CSA B149 series pertaining to natural gas and propane fuels. Start-up procedures for equipment over 400 000 Btu/h (120 kW) are determined by the equipment itself and by the manufacturer’s guidelines. It is important that the gas technician/fitter be familiar with these procedures as well as with the special requirements for piping, ventilation, venting, water treatment, etc. and some key servicing and maintenance requirements of large installations.
At the end of this unit, you will be able to:
• Describe gas piping requirements;
• Describe ventilation and combustion air requirements;
• Describe venting requirements;
• Identify installation requirements;
• Describe activation procedures for commercial/industrial appliances;
• Describe servicing, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures; and
• Identify water treatment requirements.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.