CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
Most add-on devices are optional, but filters are not. A forced-air furnace must never operate without a filter installed. Without air filtration, dust and lint will build up on the furnace’s internal parts resulting in loss of efficiency, equipment damage, and possible fire.
Add-on devices such as filters, air cleaners, humidifier, and cooling coils improve the air quality in a building heated by a forced-air furnace.
Filters and air cleaners of various kinds remove particulate matter from the air. Humidifiers increase the relative humidity, increasing comfort for building occupants. Cooling coils allow the forced-air furnace to function as a central air conditioner.
At the end of this unit, you will be able to:
• Select, install, and maintain appropriate air filters and air cleaners;
• Select, install, and maintain appropriate humidifiers; and
• Inspect and clean an add-on cooling coil.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.