CSA ISO/IEC TS 29140:21
Information technology for learning, education and training — Nomadicity and mobile technologies (Adopted ISO/IEC TS 29140:2020, first edition, 2020-10)
Standards development within the Information Technology sector is harmonized with international standards development. Through the CSA Technical Committee on Information Technology (TCIT), Canadians serve as the SCC Mirror Committee (SMC) on ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 on Information Technology (ISO/IEC JTC1) for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the ISO member body for Canada and sponsor of the Canadian National Committee of the IEC. Also, as a member of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Canada participates in the International Telegraph and Telephone Consultative Committee (ITU-T).
For brevity, this Standard will be referred to as CSA ISO/IEC TS 29140 throughout.
At the time of publication, ISO/IEC TS 29140:2020 is available from ISO and IEC in English only. CSA Group will publish the French version when it becomes available from ISO and IEC.
This Standard has been formally approved, without modification, by the Technical Committee and has been developed in compliance with Standards Council of Canada requirements for National Standards of Canada. It has been published as a National Standard of Canada by CSA Group.
This document provides a learner information model specific to mobile learning to enable learning, education and training environments to reflect the specific needs of mobile participants.
This document provides:
- definitions of mobile technology and mobile learning appropriate for all sectors in learning, education and training;
- a description of the learner information model for mobile learning;
- specific learner information that supports learners engaged in mobile learning activities in learning, education and training environments.
- a description of the learner interaction model with mobile systems;
- consideration of learner interactions specific to nomadic learners who move from place to place;
- initial guidance regarding the issue of privacy.
This document does not include:
- in-depth technical review of issues related to adaptability to culture, language and individual needs;
- broad or in-depth technical interoperability issues of mobile computing domains;
- security, authentication or accessibility considerations;
- in-depth details regarding privacy;
- detailed information regarding complementary work within other organizations that might be relevant.