Standards development within the Information Technology sector is harmonized with international standards development. Through the CSA Technical Committee on Information Technology (TCIT), Canadians serve as the Canadian Advisory Committee (CAC) on ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 on Information Technology (ISO/IEC JTC1) for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the ISO member body for Canada and sponsor of the Canadian National Committee of the IEC. Also, as a member of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Canada participates in the International Telegraph and Telephone Consultative Committee (ITU-T).
At the time of publication, ISO/IEC 9075-11:2008 is available from ISO and IEC in English only. CSA will publish the French version when it becomes available from ISO and IEC. This International Standard was reviewed by the CSA TCIT under the jurisdiction of the Strategic Steering Committee on Information Technology and deemed acceptable for use in Canada. From time to time, ISO/IEC may publish addenda, corrigenda, etc. The CSA TCIT will review these documents for approval and publication. For a listing, refer to the CSA Information Products catalogue or CSA Info Update or contact a CSA Sales representative. This Standard has been formally approved, without modification, by the Technical Committee and has been approved as a National Standard of Canada by the Standards Council of Canada.Scope
- This part of ISO/IEC 9075 specifies an Information Schema and a Definition Schema that describes:
- The structure and integrity constraints of SQL-data.
- The security and authorization specifications relating to SQL-data.
- The features, subfeatures, and packages of ISO/IEC 9075, and the support that each of these has in an SQLimplementation.
- The SQL-implementation information and sizing items of ISO/IEC 9075 and the values supported by an SQL-implementation.