Training - Onsite
CSA-ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management for Climate Adaptation & Resilience
Public courses can be available in both virtual and in person instructor lead formats. Please complete this form to highlight your preference and we will contact you once a course matching your requirements is available.
CSA ISO 31000:18 Risk management – Guidelines provides guidelines on managing risk faced by organizations. The application of these guidelines can be customized to any organization and its context.
It provides a common approach to managing any type of risk and is not industry or sector specific.
It can be used throughout the life of the organization and can be applied to any activity, including decision-making at all levels.
The purpose of this course is to provide guidance on how to use CSA ISO 31000:2018 as a tool for conducting a full life cycle, Climate Lens resilience assessment for infrastructure projects.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the required risk resources.
- Identify who has the authority responsibility and accountability for the risk management process.
- Define the internal and external contexts of the case study.
- Identify climate risks that apply to the case study.
- Prioritize risks identified for the case study.
- Interpret the likelihood and consequences of a risk occurring.
- Identify preventative controls for climate risks in the case study.
- Identify adaptation opportunities for the case study project.
- Identify potential adaptations and unintended consequences for the case study project.
- define a risk treatment plan for the case study project.
- Identify the degree of monitoring required for the case study project.
- List records that should be kept for the case study project.
- Professionals working as:
- Design Engineers/ Architects.
- Project Managers.
- All qualified/ specialized parties in resilience assessment: a professional engineer, registered professional planner, biologist, hydrologist
- ISO 31000 and the Climate Lens
- Structure of the ISO 31000 Guidance
- ISO 31000 Risk Management Framework
- The Risk Management Process
- Applying ISO 31000 to the Climate Lens – Case Study Preparation
- Risk Management Review
- Risk Management Process: Risk Assessment
- Risk Management Process: Risk Treatment
- Risk Management Process: Monitoring and Review, Recording and Reporting
*Participants must complete e-Learning module on the “introduction”, before they join the instructor in-class for the “implementation” part of course. E-learning access will be sent automatically 3 weeks prior to the course date. The online introduction course will take approximately 8 hours.