Training - Onsite
ISO 14064-2:2019 Greenhouse Gas Projects and Reducing Environmental Impact
Public courses can be available in both virtual and in person instructor-led formats. Please complete this form to highlight your preference and we will contact you once a course matching your requirements is available.
This course provides an understanding of the fundamentals of greenhouse gas project quantification, monitoring and reporting concepts and techniques.
At the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Apply ISO 14064-2 and GHG protocol
- Implement the development of verifiable quantification procedures for GHG projects
- Apply good practice guidance to develop quantification procedures according to ISO 14064-2
- Recognize the inherent flexibility of ISO 14064-2 to make informed decisions for GHG Project accounting
- Summarize importance of an appropriate and credible baseline scenario selection
- Show how to select, establish, apply, justify, explain and document procedures, criteria and tools to conform to ISO 14064-2
You will earn a Certificate of Course Completion once you attend the training and pass the online comprehensive quiz with a score of at least 70%. This course qualifies for 0.8 Continuing Education Units (CEU) or 8 Professional Development Hours (PDH) credits with the Engineering institute of Canada.
This course provides a background and introduction to greenhouse gas projects - projects that reduce emissions (such as alternative energy projects) or enhance emissions removal (such as forestry projects). The course reviews the requirements of ISO 14064-2, including principles and requirements for: determining project baselines, monitoring, quantifying and reporting project performance, validation and verification requirements. Additionally, the course explores the linkages between ISO 14064-2 and other GHG protocol, such as the WBCSD/WRI Protocol for projects and the Voluntary Carbon Standard. Potential linkages with the Clean Development Mechanism will also be discussed.
If you need better a understanding in ISO 31000, and how it applies to Climate Change resilience assessment, please check our CSA-ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management for Climate Adaptation & Resilience course.
Who should attend?
- Accountants & Financial Professional in GHG
- Design Architects/Environmental Engineers
- GHG Inventory Developers/Inventory Quantifiers
- GHG Auditors/Verifiers
- Government Regulators, Public workers, Regulatory Compliance Professionals
- Managers and Developers of Carbon Neutral/Offsetting projects
- Offset project developers, Project Mangers/Coordinators
- Site, Utilities, Facility Managers/Operations Managers
- class materials
- a copy of ISO 14064-2:2019 - Greenhouse gases — Part 2: Specification with guidance at the project level for quantification, monitoring and reporting of greenhouse gas emission reductions or removal enhancements