CSA Z662:23 Pipeline Systems - Design
Online Self-Paced Course
This course is included in CSA Z662:23 Pipeline Systems – Essentials training.
Understanding the philosophy of CSA Z662 is critical for all those involved in pipeline systems within Canada. This is important because CSA Z662 considers design throughout the full life cycle of the pipeline. This is unlike similar pipeline codes that purely focus on the design and construction and omit other aspects such as operations and maintenance. Throughout this self-paced training you learn that this philosophy has a significant impact on pipeline design.
The first part of the training is the mechanical design process with the required calculations, which is covered in Clause 4 of CSA Z662. The second part is material selection, which is covered in Clause 5 of CSA Z662.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the essential elements of the pipeline design requirements in Clauses 4 and 5 of CSA Z662.
- Describe how to apply the stress-based design method for pressure design.
- Describe the influence of other (non-pressure) sources of loading and sustained force on pipeline design.
- Describe the influence of pipeline surroundings, such as class location designated geographical areas (DGAs), on pipeline design.
- Describe how to apply the material selection and qualification requirements for the design of steel pipelines.
- Locate guidance for alternative design methods and additional design criteria for special cases of pipeline products and pipe materials in CSA Z662.
- Design Engineers and Managers
- Civil and Mechanical Engineers
- Project Managers
- QC/QA Professionals
- Health & Safety Environment Advisor
- Regulatory staffs in both federal and provincial level
Estimated Completion Time
2 hours (90 days course access)
- CSA Z662 Design Philosophy and Key Considerations
- CSA Z662 Design Methods
- Other (Non-Pressure) Design Considerations
- Class Locations
- Design Hoop Stress Factors and Wall Thickness Requirements
- Design of Components
- Materials Design Overview
- Material Reuse and Record Keeping
- Notch Toughness and Temperature Effects
- Steel Pipe – Requirements and Limitations
- Non-Steel Pipelines
- Design Specialist Pipelines
CSA Z662:23, Oil and gas pipeline systems
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
For web browser:
- Microsoft Edge (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).