Information technology database languages — Guidance for the use of database language SQL — Part 9: Online analytic processing (OLAP) capabilities (Adopted ISO/IEC TR 19075-9:2020, first edition, 2020-09)
Standards development within the Information Technology sector is harmonized with international standards development. Through the CSA Technical Committee on Information Technology (TCIT), Canadians serve as the SCC Mirror Committee (SMC) on ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 on Information Technology (ISO/IEC JTC1) for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the ISO member body for Canada and sponsor of the Canadian National Committee of the IEC. Also, as a member of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Canada participates in the International Telegraph and Telephone Consultative Committee (ITU-T).
For brevity, this Standard will be referred to as CSA ISO/IEC TR 19075-9 throughout.
At the time of publication, ISO/IEC TR 19075-9:2020 is available from ISO and IEC in English only. CSA Group will publish the French version when it becomes available from ISO and IEC.
This Standard has been formally approved, without modification, by the Technical Committee and has been developed in compliance with Standards Council of Canada requirements for National Standards of Canada. It has been published as a National Standard of Canada by CSA Group.
This document discusses the syntax and semantics for including online analytic processing (OLAP) capabilities in SQL, as defined in ISO/IEC 9075-2.
It discusses the following features regarding OLAP capabilities of the SQL language:
- Feature T611, Elementary OLAP operations,
- Feature T612, Advanced OLAP operations,
- Feature T614, NTILE function,
- Feature T615, LEAD and LAG functions,
- Feature T616, Null treatment option for LEAD and LAG functions,
- Feature T617, FIRST_VALUE and LAST_VALUE functions,
- Feature T618, NTH_VALUE function,
- Feature T619, Nested window functions,
- Feature T620, WINDOW clause: GROUPS option,
- Feature T621, Enhanced numeric functions.