Training - Online
CSA C837-16 Online Training For Data Users
Monitoring and Energy Performance Measurements of Compressed Air Systems - Using the Data
This course provides an understanding of the fundamentals of CSA C837-16: Monitoring and energy performance measurement for compressed air systems. It is intended to train the users of compressed air system data to identify where energy performance improvements can and should be made.
At the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Explain the importance of determining the Measurement Boundary limits.
- Describe how Static Factors and Relevant Variables can affect the results of the measurements and calculations.
- Identify when normalization of data is necessary.
- List methods of direct and indirect measurement of key parameters.
- Recognize that energy performance indicators can be used to predict future potential energy savings.
- Use the specific calculations for the recommended energy performance indicators.
- Explain the importance of detailed reporting and clear communication to the understanding and use of captured data.
Data Users tracking compressed air system energy performance
Estimated Completion Time
- CSA C837-16 and related standards
- Measurement of Energy Performance
- Data Collection and Testing of EnPIs and EnBs
- Levels of Measurement
- Mandatory & Optional EnPIs
- Compressed Air System Parameter Measurements
- Example Calculations
C837-16 - Monitoring and energy performance measurements of compressed air systems
View access available on: https://community.csagroup.org/docs/DOC-37580
Energy management systems — Measuring energy performance using energy baselines (EnB) and energy performance indicators (EnPI) — General principles and guidance
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
•Pentium II 450MHz or higher, 128 MB RAM
•if using windows, we recommend XP or newer
For web browser:
•Adobe Flash Player version 8 or better installed
•Internet Explorer 7 and up (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
•All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
Accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).