Standards development within the Information Technology sector is harmonized with international standards development. Through the CSA Technical Committee on Information Technology (TCIT), Canadians serve as the SCC Mirror Committee (SMC) on ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 on Information Technology (ISO/IEC JTC1) for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the ISO member body for Canada and sponsor of the Canadian National Committee of the IEC. Also, as a member of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Canada participates in the International Telegraph and Telephone Consultative Committee (ITU-T).
For brevity, this Standard will be referred to as CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 14888-3 throughout.
This Standard supersedes CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 14888-3:07 (adopted ISO/IEC 14888-3:2006). Scope
This part of ISO/IEC 14888 specifies digital signature mechanisms with appendix whose security is based on the discrete logarithm problem.
This part of ISO/IEC 14888 provides:
- a general description of a digital signature with appendix mechanism, and
- a variety of mechanisms that provide digital signatures with appendix.
For each mechanism, this part of ISO/IEC 14888 specifies:
- the process of generating a pair of keys
- the process of producing signatures, and
- the process of verifying signatures.