Standards development within the Information Technology sector is harmonized with international standards development. Through the CSA Technical Committee on Information Technology (TCIT), Canadians serve as the Canadian Advisory Committee (CAC) on ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 on Information Technology (ISO/IEC JTC1) for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the ISO member body for Canada and sponsor of the Canadian National Committee of the IEC. Also, as a member of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Canada participates in the International Telegraph and Telephone Consultative Committee (ITU-T).
At the time of publication, ISO/IEC 14496-13:2004 is available from ISO and IEC in English only. CSA will publish the French version when it becomes available from ISO and IEC.
This Standard has been formally approved, without modification, by the Technical Committee and has been approved as a National Standard of Canada by the Standards Council of Canada.
This International Standard specifies :
- The definition, as well as Extension tags, syntax and semantics for an IPMP_Data_BaseClass to support the following functionalities. Mutual Authentication for IPMP tool to IPMP tool as well as IPMP tool to Terminal communication.
The requesting by IPMP tools of the connection/disconnection to requested IPMP tools.
The notification to IPMP tools of the connection/disconnection of IPMP tools. Common IPMP processing. IPMP tool to/from User interaction.
- Syntax and semantics for the carriage of IPMP tools in the bit stream.
- Syntax and semantics for IPMP information carriage to and from IPMP tools.
- Syntax and semantics for the requesting and transfer of content and IPMP Tools between Terminals as well as extension tags, syntax and semantics to the IPMP_Data_BaseClass ISO/IEC 14496-1 used therein.
- XML syntax and semantics for the description of the environment in which and MPEG-4 Terminal/application is operating.
- A list of registration authorities required for the support of the amended specifications found herein.