Information technology — Conformance testing methodology for biometric data interchange formats defined in ISO/IEC 19794 — Part 7: Signature/sign time series data (Adopted ISO/IEC 29109-7:2011, first edition, 2011-10-01)
Standards development within the Information Technology sector is harmonized with international standards development. Through the CSA Technical Committee on Information Technology (TCIT), Canadians serve as the SCC Mirror Committee (SMC) on ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 on Information Technology (ISO/IEC JTC1) for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the ISO member body for Canada and sponsor of the Canadian National Committee of the IEC. Also, as a member of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Canada participates in the International Telegraph and Telephone Consultative Committee (ITU-T).
This Standard has been formally approved, without modification, by the Technical Committee and has been developed in compliance with Standards Council of Canada requirements for National Standards of Canada. It has been published as a National Standard of Canada by CSA Group.
This part of ISO/IEC 29109 specifies elements of conformance testing methodology, test assertions, and test procedures as applicable to ISO/IEC 19794-7. ISO/IEC 19794-7 defines two data interchange formats for signature/sign time series data, one for general use and one compact format for use with smart cards and other tokens.
This part of ISO/IEC 29109 establishes
- test assertions of the structure of both signature/sign time series data formats as specified in ISO/IEC 19794-7 (Type A Level 1 as defined in ISO/IEC 29109-1),
- test assertions of internal consistency by checking the types of values that may be contained within each field (Type A Level 2 as defined in ISO/IEC 29109-1), and
- test assertions on the contents of data records in the signature/sign time series data formats as specified in ISO/IEC 19794-7 (Type A Level 3 as defined in ISO/IEC 29109-1).
This part of ISO/IEC 29109 does not establish
- tests of other characteristics of biometric products or other types of testing of biometric products (e.g. acceptance, performance, robustness, security), and
- tests of conformance of systems that do not produce ISO/IEC 19794-7 records.