Information technology - Conformance testing methodology for biometric data interchange formats defined in ISO/IEC 19794 — Part 5: Face image data (Adopted ISO/IEC 29109-5:2019, fourth edition, 2019-05)
Standards development within the Information Technology sector is harmonized with international standards development. Through the CSA Technical Committee on Information Technology (TCIT), Canadians serve as the SCC Mirror Committee (SMC) on ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 on Information Technology (ISO/IEC JTC1) for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the ISO member body for Canada and sponsor of the Canadian National Committee of the IEC. Also, as a member of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Canada participates in the International Telegraph and Telephone Consultative Committee (ITU-T).
This Standard has been formally approved, without modification, by the Technical Committee and has been developed in compliance with Standards Council of Canada requirements for National Standards of Canada. It has been published as a National Standard of Canada by CSA Group.
This document specifies elements of conformance testing methodology, test assertions, and test procedures as applicable to two-dimensional face images defined in the ISO/IEC 19794-5:2005 biometric data interchange format standard for face image data.
This document establishes
- test assertions of the structure of the face image data format as specified in ISO/IEC 19794-5:2005 (Type A Level 1 as defined in ISO/IEC 29109-1:2009),
- test assertions of internal consistency by checking the types of values that may be contained within each field (Type A Level 2 as defined in ISO/IEC 29109-1:2009).
This document does not establish
- tests of conformance of 3D face records defined in ISO/IEC 19794-5:2005, 5.7.1, codes 0x80, 0x81, and 0x82,
- tests of conformance of CBEFF structures required by ISO/IEC 19794-5:2005,
- tests of consistency with the input biometric data record (Level 3),
- tests of conformance of the image data to the quality-related specifications of ISO/IEC 19794-5:2005, — tests of conformance of the image data blocks to the respective JPEG or JPEG 2000 standards,
- tests of other characteristics of biometric products or other types of testing of biometric products (e.g., acceptance, performance, robustness, security).